Saturday, February 5, 2011

Tim & Dan Do the Queenstown Canyon Swing


The above image captures the succession starting on a platform 109m up, into a 60m freefall, out into a 200m arc over the canyon floor at which you reach speeds of up to 150km/h.

The experience is truly mind-blowing and I would highly recommend this to any and everyone who has ever considered bungy or skydiving. The rush is different depending on the position that you start at. Here you will see three very different examples of ways to go off the platform. Daniel will remember this day as one of the greatest adrenaline rushes in New Zealand, and I will recall how I got over my fear of heights and took the plunge!

Thanks to everyone at the Queenstown Canyon Swing! You are all legends!





4 comments:

  1. You are insane!! I can't imagine doing that without throwing up everywhere! Wow!!! Although it's crazy as hell, it looks ridiculously awesome! Nice job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As I said in the post Ang, I would not have been able to do it wihtout the inspiration of my little brother. I am so grateful that he has decided to come on this trip. And it was not like this was any kind of cake walk; you can hear my reaction to my first jump: the "Pin Drop." I was not yet completely comfortable with the idea. I think I waited for 40 seconds on the platform before finally summoning the courage to jump off! These are the things we live for though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HOLY COW!!! I never, ever knew you had a fear of heights! As adventureous as you are, this is sooooooooooo ironic to me! CONGRATS on facing your fear ... and, most importantly, CONQUERING it!!! Always remember this acronymn as it defines fear in a new perspective: False Evidence Appearing Real.

    WAY TO GO "Capt. Adventure!" Very proud of you to find the courage to face and laugh at fear right in the face!

    Looking forward to a "Skype date" with you ... got a lot of catching up to do, my friend!

    Take care and .... KEEP LIVIN' DA DREAM!

    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just found this quote on my iGoogle home page! It says it all, my friend!!!

    Kris

    "Come to the edge," he said.
    They said, "We are afraid."
    "Come to the edge," he said.

    They came.

    He pushed them, and they flew..."

    Guillaume Apollinaire

    ReplyDelete